The organization comprises of a competent Owner’s site team, which is typically one site manager and discipline engineers (one civil, one electrical and one commercial/planning engineer). All are familiar with the contract, 3rd party agreements, health and safety regulations, special site conditions and craftmanship, qualifying them to respond promptly and efficiently to things like deviations, claims and nonconformities.
Furthermore, the organization includes back-office support for ongoing design review, handling of complex and significant claims, or liaising with an independent engineer when there is one. The back-office engineers will be one civil and one electrical senior engineer with long experience from similar projects.
- Checking as-built documentation for correctness and completeness, by plant inspection and consistency checks as necessary, and review in general.
- Review of operation and maintenance manuals. Ensuring consistency and applicability to actual plant.
- Ensuring documentation, manuals, studies and calculations to discharge statutory requirements, e.g. US and NERC.
- Contracting for the operational phase. Preparing technical scopes of work for contractors for the operational phase. Delimiting the services by scopes and characteristics of plant, documentation, and defining which contractor to discharge which statutory requirement.
- Preparing training programs, defining construction contractors’ training scopes, attending training, ensuring operational contractors are competent, familiarized and committed.
- Ensuring compliant completion of statutory commissioning obligations and documents, models etc. handed over to relevant authorities, such as for the grid.