Blue Power Partners is supporting worldwide leading developers, suppliers and asset owners within the development, construction, technology and performance optimization of onshore/offshore wind farm projects and solar projects. Our business is growing fast, and right now we are expanding our activities.
Therefore, we are looking for a new colleague, who would like to be part of a talented team and a working culture based on strong company values. Your location will be Chennai, TamilNadu, India.
Our perfect candidate has a curious and innovative mindset and always values team above the individual. As a person, you have a structured, critical and analytical approach to your work. You are self-driven and easy-going and enjoy interacting with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels of a multinational organization. You have strong knowledge of wind turbine technology from key OEMs, constantly aligning with recent technology and process development within the industry.
We value the right match of personal and professional skills and would thus prefer you to bring the following skillsets to our team:
- BE/BTech/MS/equivalent degree in Engineering, Meteorology, Atmospheric Science or similar from an accredited university or college
- +5 years of work experience within wind assessment and siting
- Knowledge of standards such as MEASNET, IEC 61400-12-1 and IEA
- Knowledge of advanced wind data analysis and data screening from the meteorological mast, LIDAR and SODAR data, including experience with importing large sets of wind data from data loggers such as Kintech, NRG, Unidata, Campbell, Nomad, etc.
- Strong hands-on experience with wind modelling and siting tools such as WasP & WindPRO and CFD tools such as WaSP CFD, OpenFOAM , Windsim or Meteodyne
- Strong hands-on experience in wake modelling, statistical modelling and time-series approach of AEP calculation
- Knowledge of loss calculation & estimation and calculation of uncertainty in energy yield assessment
- Excellent written and spoken English
The following skills are considered an advantage, but are not mandatory:
- Familiarity with GIS tools such as Mapsource, QGIS, Globalmapper, etc.
- Experience with financial modelling of wind energy projects and familiarity with concepts such as NPV, IRR and LCOE
- Knowledge of performance monitoring and O&M of wind plants
- Knowledge of General Electric or Siemens Gamesa turbines
- Knowledge of a programming language such as R, Python, etc.
About Your Role
As a wind assessment and siting specialist, you will drive the technical design, assessment, and optimization of utility-scale wind projects around the world. Along with getting a unique opportunity to join the front line of the renewable energy revolution, you should enjoy being involved in a broad range of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Analyze and do advanced wind data analysis and using MCP methods to create representative long-term data
- Evaluate the feasibility of optimisation ideas and identify the most promising options in a business perspective, considering power market conditions and power offtake agreements
- Understand project constraints to optimize proposed wind farm production or value of energy production
- Perform uncertainty analysis on energy production estimates
- Validate pre-construction energy estimates with operational data and implement improvements to pre-construction analysis technique
- Lead department improvement or research & development programs with the goal of maintaining industry-leading technical standards
- Conduct site visits and engage in due diligence of the local measurement equipment and observation of terrain conditions
- Detailed and transparent report writing of the EYA methodology and assumptions considered for the assessments